Monday, January 9, 2012

Back in the Saddle

The month of December is usually a fairly busy month for everyone, either you're impacted with family obligations of your own, or impacted with additional work at your job due to other people's family obligations.  If you're one of the many lucky individuals like myself, you're impacted by both.

That's not to say that I got no work done on Affinity during the last 6 weeks, I just didn't have the time to work on the game and type up some new blog entries to let people know what was going on.  I got a few more playtest sessions in, one of them with another group of game designers and another with a very good friend of mine where we were able to get a lot of games done in a relatively short amount of time.  Lots of changes have been made to individual cards, I've reworked the phases of the game, tweaked the initial draft setup, the ongoing draft mechanism, and I've added a 5th element to the game.  The last playtest also had me reconsider the number of cards in the deck and I'll be testing those numbers going forward.  In addition to that, I also got in touch with a friend who is a really good writer to work on some backstory for the game and I've been talking to a few artists to see if they'd be interested in the project as well.

All in all, I'd say the development is coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment